ProNFS Version 2.9 - NFS Client and Server by Labtam Inc.
Date: September 3, 2007
Labtam is pleased to present a new major software update for ProNFS now Version 2.9. It is the second major release for the 2007 year.
ProNFS is an NFS Client and Server for Microsoft Windows. It is the only NFS software that gives you the high performance file sharing connectivity capabilities. ProNFS enhances your networking performance and access.
The ProNFS Package can be split into the following:
ProNFS Server can be installed on any Windows 95/98/NT/2000 PC to share your local drives and folders with other networked users, no matter which operating system they are running on their workstations. Only a NFS Client is required on that system for users to mount your disks as part of their system.
ProNFS Client can be installed on any Windows 95/98/2000/NT/XP PC to enable your workstation to benefit from networks NFS Server services. With the help of ProNFS Client you can mount disks and folders from network, no matter under which operating system they reside, and make them as part of your familiar local desktop environment.
New Features on this release include:
- Enlarged the receiving buffer size up to 32K.
The send- and receive- speeds are close to each other now.
- Local directories may be renamed now.
- Implemented more correct processing of date/time and changes for subdirectories.
- Implemented the "EnableWriteCaching" manual setting (as equivalent
to the Unix "ASync" NFS-Server mode).
- Included the "EmulateUnixDirTimeOnFATFS" manual setting for FATFS exports.
3. NFS-Server as NT Service:
- The Warning Message about necessity to restart the Service
is issued after changes in NFS-Server settings via the new "Settings"
4. NFS-Client for MS Windows NT4/2K/2K3/XP/Vista:
- The driver now provides the Inode number limit more than 65565.
- The driver now processes exported directories with large amount
of files (more than 7000).
- To delete client's icons from Start Menu under Vista32, direct removing
of links from a directory for all users was implemented in the delete
- The option for unmounting a network drive was included into the mounting
- Now ComSetup is placed in the new "Settings" facility.
- Implemented the "SilentBell" setting.
- New facility that integrates the "ComSetup" and "XSettings" facilities.
- Also it provides convenient management of the NFS-Server/Service.
The following bugs have been fixed:
- Fixed skipping some files if a long list of files for copying was selected.
- Fixed some minor bugs (wrong focus and update) for copying from a remote to local host.
- The renamed local directory could not be copied.
- Fixed skipping files with blanks in names with some modern Ftp-daemons.
2. NFS-Server and NFS-Server as NT Service:
- When mounting, a path with a trailing "/" (e.g. "/f/nfs_s/") was considered as ERROR.
In this case, the wrong error "Stale NFS file handle" returned.
- Reasonless decreasing of "size/wsize" was required to correctly send long file listings.
- Sometimes the "There is an input or output error" message
(on NFS-Client side) might take place in the NFS2/UDP mode.
- Fixed the necessity of two mounts under VISTA32 to work normally
- A very large number of files/directories (inodes) might issue
the "NFS Server Fatal Error: ran out of inodes" message.
- The hang-up might take place after a series of unsatisfied
network send() requests. The "ZeroWindow" TCP/IP network message
led to fatal hang-up of NFS-Server.
- Improved the "Export..."->"Name Conversion"->"Mode:"->"Use shift symbol"
mode (default) to better processing non-English
file- and directory- names (e.g., non-UTF8 Russian names)
3. NFS-Client for MS Windows NT4/2K/2K3/XP/Vista:
- Fixed incorrect working for the UDP protocol under Vista32.
- Fixed possible system crash while working for the TCP protocol
- Fixed an error detected while working for the UDP protocol when
a buffer was changed to a larger size without machine restart.
- Fixed an error detected for the NFS protocol v.2 when GETATTR and
SETATTR functions issued an RPC error message instead of the NFS one for
permissions violations to a file or a directory.
- Fixed the error of opening files in the SUPERSEDE mode.
This is very actual for multi-processors PC with MS Windows Server 2003.
- Fixed a rare failure (one on 50 000 network packages).
Takes place using the UDP protocol in multi-processors PC with
MS Windows Server 2003.
- Fixed the potential hang-up because of delays in TDI layer.
- Fixed the incorrect set of the MODIFY TIME (on a server side).
(The problem takes place with, say, the ROBOCOPY software).
- Provided more correct flushing of cached data.
- The small (<2048 bytes) buffer size provided the incorrect reading
of the directories.
- The LPD-server crashed during the 2nd start-up in some circumstances.
Please read more about ProNFS in product home section of Labtam Inc site.
Single User licenses are at $40.00 USD. Please visit the Software Pricing page for pricing on Multiple Licenses.
If at anytime you require any information or assistance please do not hesitate to e-mail us at: sales@Labtam-inc.com.
Download and try ProNFS software for FREE.
Get FREE 30 day trial license to make deep software evaluation.
The programs associated in this package may send and/or receive broadcast IP requests. Since such packets cannot cross the nearest firewall/gateway/router, please be sure that these IP requests are invisible from outside your network. We assume that such behavior cannot be considered as "Hacking" or "Trojan horse's action".