XLitePro Version 2.0 - XServer for windows
Date: July 4, 2008
Labtam is pleased to present a new major software upgrade for XLitePro now Version 2.0. This is the first major release for 2008.
Integrating the Microsoft Windows and X-Window System environments, XLitePro is an inexpensive but powerful and effective way to transform a standard PC into a fully functional X-terminal.
Included in the package are the X-Window System, TCP/IP, TFTP and TELNET.
NOTES on this release (PLEASE READ):
1. The Beta3 MS Windows XP/2003/Vista x64 NFS-Client can be installed
by running the self-extracting archive file, "nfsclx64.exe".
This file and "nfsclx64.txt" can be found on the Internet site.
2. The Windows NT LPR printer driver is manually installed
by running the self-extracting archive file, "lprd.exe".
This file can be found in the directory with the uncompressed
3. Use the "setup -wauto -s" command line
(instead of "setup -auto") to start the "Silent Installation".
New Features on this release include:
- under Vista, with the "DesktopComposition" mode was enabled,
the resizing/moving of windows in "Multiple" mode was very slow;
- the "TerminateOnSuspend=1" mode was implemented to provide a graceful
termination of X-Clients on suspend of PC's;
- the XServer will be able to keep up to 126 X-Clients;
- the Animated Cursors are available now in "enabled RENDER" mode;
The sofisticated scaling, cuttings and ARGB processing are provided.
- the "DisableRENDERAnimCursor=1" mode was implemented to provide the
standard arrow instead of the true client cursor.
This was done to accelerate and to prevent some ugly cursors
of some X-Clients;
- the "-hwndParent <parentHWND>" option was implemented to allow
to run the XServer/Single as subwindow of another Windows window.
This is for the implementation of the "embedded XServer" ActiveX mode
(see the xsrv_ax.txt for details);
- the Reply time limit of reading fonts from a FontServer are controlled
now to avoid the delays for huge fonts (say, ISO10646 fonts)
- the "Disconnect" button was implemented for RLogin/RExec/RSH modes
to process the possible infinite (with disabled "Exit after timeout of"
setting) timeout carefully;
- the "LogFile" settings is available for RLogin
- some terminals ("vt100","vt52"..) were not colored originally. The deviation
from the strong emulation was implemented to allow to use colors
for such as terminal types.
The following bugs have been fixed:
- the "Colors" attribute of the "VT240" terminal type (in the "terminfo.ini"
file) incorrectly has the "3" value. It was changed to the correct "Colors=16";
- the initialization of the terminal window is more correct now;
- some bugs during the loading, viewing and edition of profiles were fixed;
- the "Log All session output" provides now the same with the
"Log Prontable output only" Logging mode (wrongly did nothing,
what is unexpected).
- under Vista, with the "DesktopComposition" mode enabled,
the drawing of "Rubber Rectangular"(e.g., "Edit"->"Copy Rectangular")
resizing or moving of X-Client windows are very slow and dirtied the screen;
(the "DesktopComposition" mode usually available in the AERO mode);
- fixed the error if the "KEYnn=MAC_macrofile.." item is used
in a ".kmf" keyboard mapping file;
- the "ILikeXWinPro52=1" manual setting allows to provide the only
"PseudoColor" visual with "888" colors weight instead of the default "666".
This mode of the XServer (in 8-bits mode) is useful for some old CAD/CAE
- reanimated the possibility to use the usual Windows "hosts" file
as HostAccess list (when host access check is enabled).
- the unexpected "...-0-..." fonts are returned in answer xlsfonts
when the fonts scaling is disabled. As result, some texts on screen
(in this mode) may be unreadable.
- In rlogin mode the XStartup sends two end-line symbols
(CR and LF) instead of the correct one (CR).
This unexpected carriage-return symbol might lead to incorrect
action of the "read" operation on the remote side.
- the "Default" button of the "Startup" tab did some incorrect settings
Please read more about XLitePro in product home section of Labtam Inc site.
Single User licenses are at $65.00 USD. Please visit the Software Pricing page for pricing on Multiple Licenses.
If at anytime you require any information or assistance please do not hesitate to e-mail us at:sales@Labtam-inc.com.
Download and try XLitePro for FREE.
Get FREE 30 day trial license to make deep software evaluation.
The programs associated in this package may send and/or receive broadcast IP requests. Since such packets cannot cross the nearest firewall/gateway/router, please be sure that these IP requests are invisible from outside your network. We assume that such behavior cannot be considered as "Hacking" or "Trojan horse's action".